Shelly L. Peed, LPC, NCC, NBCFCH, C-DBT, CCATP, PhD
Shelly Peed holds a PhD in Psychology from Capella University, a Master of Arts degree in Community Counseling from St. Mary’s University, a Master of Arts degree in Human Communication from Abilene Christian University, and a Bachelor of Science in Education from McMurry University.
Her certifications include:
Licensed Professional Counselor, National Board-Certified Counselor, National Board
Clinical Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Certified Dialectical Behavior Therapist,
Clinical Certification in Anxiety Treatment Professional
Dr. Peed is in her 21st year of professional counseling and specializes in:
- PTSD & Trauma Recovery
- Anxiety and Depression treatment
- Parenting using the Love and Logic approach
- Parenting through divorce
- Pre-marriage counseling, Marriage and Partner Relationships
- Her degree in communication facilitates the positive progression of all types of personal and professional relationships. When communication fails, relationships fail. I can help you with relationships, both with your significant others and with your children.
- She specializes in helping a variety of problems her clients are having. I use a variety of techniques including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR), Polyvegal Theory informed therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior therapy (REBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavior therapy (CBT), Rapid Trauma Resolution (RTR)
- As a former school counselor at the middle, high school and college levels, she knows how to establish a rapport with those hard to reach adolescents. I often help parents re-establish healthy relationships with their children during the troublesome teen years. I have been helping parents for 18 years and know that I can help you through difficulties you may have with the mystique that is effective parenting.
Dr. Peed states, "I feel I have been given a special gift to help all individuals,
especially those with past issues that are still having effects
on their lives."
AL LPC 3605
TX LPC 17313